With temperatures soaring and the school holidays almost upon us, holiday planning is in full swing. If you are taking your kids camping have a quick read of our top ten tips for camping with kids in hot weather!
- If possible pitch your tent under some shade.
- If the weather is forecast to be calm, pitch into the prevailing wind so you can get a breeze through the tent.
- Open all the vents or windows on your tent and if you have a small tent a tarpaulin pitched over the entrance will provide more shade for sitting and eating.
- To avoid the sun waking your family early in the morning try to pitch with shade on the East side of your tent.
- Pack drink bottles for the whole family, so they can keep hydrated without constantly nagging for a drink.
- It goes without saying that sun hats, sun cream sunglasses and light-weight clothing are a must.
- If it's too hot to sleep in sleeping bags, then take single duvet covers and sleep in them, laid on top of the sleeping bags.
- A small hand-held water spray bottle can be handy for cooling kids down if they aren't near water.
- Plastic stack-a-boxes can double up as great paddling pools for babies and toddlers
- Finally speaking from personal experience just remember that hangovers, hot tents and early rising kids are a heady mix!
Share this post
- Tags: camping